For most people, the ultimate goal that comes from working many years is to retire comfortably someday.
Unfortunately, because of the current economic environment, the question of retirement is less about the normal retirement age, and more about whether you can afford to retire. To determine this, there are several factors to consider, such as:
- Knowing when and how to claim Social Security to maximize benefits over a lifetime
- Setting up a reliable income and distribution plan from your nest egg
- Understanding tax issues on all your assets and how to minimize them
- Protecting your assets and nest egg
- Making sure your estate and beneficiary documents are accurate
- Having a plan in place for a long term care illness
- Having the right investment plan in place for growth and protection
Considering and preparing for these and many more factors before you elect to retire can make your retirement years more financially secure, and leave you feeling very good about your transition into the golden years.
If you are considering retirement, or are already retired but unsure if you have considered everything you need to,contact me at 702-462-7233 or Agoodman@AskAdamGoodman.com
Investment Advisory Services offered through Brookstone Capital Management LLC, a Registered Investment Advisor. Investments and/or investment strategies involve risk including the possible loss of principal. There is no assurance that any investment strategy will achieve its objectives. This information is not intended to be used as the sole basis for financial decisions, nor should it be construed as advice designed to meet the particular needs of an individual’s situation. Content is provided by third parties for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation to buy or sell any products mentioned.